Kindly note Proposed Legal Reform for Tourist Industry Consultation process (click here).
Pages 199 -218 of the Consultation Document refer to the the Recreational Diving Services Industry. The Club Committee will be discussing the implications for Calypso Sub-Aqua Club at the next committee meeting next Tuesday 8th March 2016.
Notable changes from current legislation include:
- A dive centre definition includes Police registered diving clubs (and thus all rules apply to them as well)
- Emphasis on Dive Centres Quality in Staff and Infrastructure, prohibition on unlicensed dive centres from advertising
- Reduction on definitions of technical equipment
- Change in Structure of Fines (almost tenfold increase in maximum fine to almost €25k)
- Anyone over 60years old has to be medically certified to be fit to dive
Current Legislation and Relative pages of the consultation document are attached below.